After finishing the Kwik Sew 3300 bra pattern, I started drafting and toiling another from a RTW bra. that I thought was the most comfortable I owned. I have to admit though that wearing my own handmade bra. is soooo much more comfortable. Here are pics. of my progress down that road so far. They look a bit Madonna-ish I think, need toning down a bit!
Isn’t it funny how one idea runs on into others, although I shall continue with this toile ~I have another idea of a shape that might be more suitable from another RTW bra. that I wear. Meanwhile, I shall definitely make the KwikSew again, very soon. I have some lovely saved scraps of material that would be ideal. This time I will put more support in the bottom cup [the first was made of stetch jersey doubled, stretchy and not much support]. I think it really calls for more support than the underwires can give on their own. Carolyn tells me she always uses underwires,[ I did think she had made some without, sorry], and she has also posted about using interfacing as well, so this pattern obviously needs something. My toile above has three layers, a light top fabric, a stiffer cotton fabric and a soft jersey liner. The top stitching also helps with the firmness. I think that should do it.
Whilst thinking about all this I have also decided on my next project. It’s this blouse pattern from Anne Klein
I’ve chosen view ‘A’; I’ve got a length of lovely cottony/linen fabric that I dyed navy blue. I might put yellow buttons on it – or orange!! Or I might just put blue or white buttons on it. Choices!