ONE DOWN – ONE TO GO

A very short post today, I have a long list of sewing jobs waiting to be done. Carrying on from yesterday’s post, the first glove is finished and one finger of the second started. As can be seen it looks rather like a crocheted thimble.

gloves two 004   gloves two 005

I wasn’t so much bothered with the pattern, it is just a simple chain loop with a shell border. I really wanted to just concentrate on the form – having said that it was difficult to see how the yellow glove was started, on looking at the picture again it is quite obvious!! The shell patterns on the back goes from the fingers down – a clear give-away really, duh! I must have seen that when I first started making these. I forgot to say that when I found the yellow glove in my clear out that I found four fingers [gruesome!] already done, so I just had to join them up in the round.  Now back to my sewing. The background to these pictures is the fabric for Harri’s top, cut out and started, so back to the grind.

Advertisements

About lifeaworkinprogress.com

I love all things creative and an eternal enthusiast. I am enduringly interested in absolutely everything remotely creative and never happier than when being shown 'how to'.
This entry was posted in crochet, handmade, Life a Work In Progress, me-made wardrobe, Sewing. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to ONE DOWN – ONE TO GO

1. Wow, you’re steaming ahead with this. And all from a ‘find’ – inspiration everywhere.

• lifeaworkinprogress.com says:

Curiosity gives me the steam – trouble is, once that is satisfied I tend to run out of steam and have to really push to finish these odd “inspirations”! That is where this blog comes in handy – it shames me into finishing stuff sometimes.

2. lovelucie1 says:

Very impressive and quite beautiful

• lifeaworkinprogress.com says:

Thanks, tell me Lucie, just what is a ‘breakfast’ bag? Surely not one you take your breakfast in! Just thought I’d ask as I have never comes across them before. [for those of you who don’t know what I am talking about – go over to lovelucie1 and see her latest]

• lovelucie1 says:

Ha, ha! No, it’s just a silly story I’ve built up around the need for this bag and to motivate me to finish it before our upcoming trip to Turkey. My daughter and I have a routine whilst on holiday. We get up for a walk and fetch fresh bread and croissants for breakfast. No doubt we’ll use it for other things as well. See the first breakfast bag post and you’ll see what I mean.

3. threadcetera says:

Keep at it. These will look lovely when done. Fingers always give me trouble so I’m well impressed!

• lifeaworkinprogress.com says:

The lovely thing about crochet is that you can make it up as you go. If anyone is interested I could write out general directions, – do you think anyone would wear this type of gloves today? With 40’s or 50’s retro look perhaps?

• lovelucie1 says:

I think sometimes that the joy in a project is just so you can say, ‘I can do that’!

• lifeaworkinprogress.com says:

Aw! you’ve spoilt it now – I was hoping for something really unusual! Turkey sounds lovely and what a morning routine! Apparently Turkey is the only EU country not suffering from the recession at the moment, so should be buzzing. Travel safely and have a wonderful time.

• threadcetera says:

I’m doing a craft fair in Glasgow soon for steampunks. I think these would really go well with the whole victoriana look as well. I’d probs use a black wool.

In the white they look very 50s =D

• lifeaworkinprogress.com says:

Gosh, yes in black they would be brilliant. I agree with the 50’s era, that’s when I would be wearing them! Makes me vintage!!

4. Gorgeous gloves. So delicate. Beautiful work. 🙂

5. Beautiful. So dainty. Hope this one finds its match soon!