I have been sewing of late of course, but until now have not been able to take any photographs ~ so posting my sewing would be a bit pointless I thought.
First up another rendition of my now go-to pattern for a straight skirt Burda 8849 in a piece of natural ‘brocade’ linen fabric left over from over eight years ago when I made a skirt for my #2 daughter to wear with a fabulous East jacket to her daughter’s wedding. The jacket was so fabulously embroidered that only a natural linen, not light weight and of interesting design was a suitable foil. It worked beautifully. The sudden warm phony Spring weather prompted me to think of lighter colours and I was surprised to find there was enough left for me to make this skirt once again.
Next up is Vogue dress with a slight homage to the 1960’s. I made it out of an Italian wool/poly mix in navy blue. I originally bought the fabric to make kiddie’s coats but found the colour a little dark for that and went with the bright red wool/cashmere instead in this post
I’ve made some additions because the dress was very plain being designed to go under a three-quarter length coat as an ensemble. I wanted the dress on its own so added some pocket flaps on the front and a little half belt across the back waist. This also enable me to pull it in a little bit to give it a bit more shape.
I have to say that this dress looks much better on than hanging on a hanger on a picture hook, but then so would a sack I expect, but this is not a sack thankfully.