I have a camera ~ so this will be a pic-heavy post with minimal words I’m afraid in order to catch up with finished items before they’re forgotten. Once again I apologise for my photography – I may have another camera but my photography skills haven’t improved. I also just snatched a few minutes to pop these on my dress form to take the snaps, no styling I’m afraid.
First up another ‘Jeans Top’, this time in dishcloth cotton would you believe?
Not a lot to say about this top, I chose two separate patterns for the panels just to keep my interest whilst knitting the third version of this very easy top.
Second up is the mystery jacket Burda M104 ensemble. Skirt is just a straight skirt with side pockets and tucks instead of pleats. The top is sleeveless shell top made from button through dress that had seen better days and just yielded up enough fabric [with a lot of engineering] good enough for this top. [Skirt and top are self drafted patterns].
Lastly my version of Alabama Chanin -made before I got the Mylar sheets to attempt the proper stencils just because I was impatient to try it out. I cut out the T-shirt pattern that came with the book and just free handed a drawing in tailors chalk and made it up as I went along. I quite like the finished version, even although it isn’t the ‘proper’ thing, which hopefully will come later. Made in two layers of 100% cotton jersey in olive/khaki combo.
I’m happy to say that all the above look much better in ‘real life’ than my photography gives them credit for. I also made the ‘A’ line skirt in the cotton jersey in the same olive green from the book – this photograph is almost too bad to show, but I have no shame!