Category Archives: DRESSES

AND ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

  Year, that is. Although I have the firm philosophy that there is something good to be found in every day, I have to admit there were times last year when the search was hard. So in many ways I am … Continue reading

Posted in coats and jackets, DRESSES, dressmaking, FIBRE CRAFTS, handmade, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

NOW YOU SEE ME, NOW YOU DON’T

Sorry about that, saying I had resurfaced and then disappearing again that is! Just when you thought it safe to pop your head up it gets swamped again, but that’s life. I have been busy sewing, and knitting, but it … Continue reading

Posted in DRESSES, dressmaking, FIBRE CRAFTS, handmade, knitting, Life a Work In Progress, me-made wardrobe, Sewing, Uncategorized | 2 Comments

LONG TIME NO SEE

No excuses, I’ve been right here, but life got very busy there for a while – real life, not hobby-life, so sewing has taken a bit of a back seat lately. On the up side we have a new arrival in … Continue reading

Posted in DRESSES, FIBRE CRAFTS, handmade, knitting, Life a Work In Progress, Uncategorized, Works in Progress | Leave a comment

CATCH UP -VOGUE 7469

I still haven’t managed to get a picture of the cape I mentioned in my last post, but I have managed to take some of the Vogue 7469 dress I mentioned. So I will let the pictures speak for themselves, … Continue reading

Posted in crochet, DRESSES, dressmaking, handmade, Life a Work In Progress, me-made wardrobe, Sewing | 2 Comments

NOT KEEPING UP APPEARANCES

In keeping a record of my recent makes here on this blog I mean, not in the Mrs.Bucket sense! So much so that I have to read my own blog to find out what I have done. Not good. Trouble … Continue reading

Posted in Blouses, coats and jackets, DRESSES, dressmaking, FIBRE CRAFTS, handmade, Life a Work In Progress, me-made wardrobe, Sewing, Works in Progress | Leave a comment

NOT QUITE LIFE -v- ART! [an apology of sorts]

When you keep a blog-diary you inevitably collect a lot of photos  in your media file. As it is approaching the end of another year of wearing 95% of my own hand made clothes [the other 5% allowed for tights, … Continue reading

Posted in Blouses, DRESSES, dressmaking, handmade, knitting, Life a Work In Progress, me-made wardrobe, Sewing, Works in Progress | Leave a comment

SIMPLICITY 1609 – Lady in Red.

I just had enough material to finish my crimson Simplicity 1609 – the 1960’s tribute shift dress mentioned in my last post. I didn’t quite have enough to cut out the facings as per pattern, which were drafted all in … Continue reading

Posted in DRESSES, dressmaking, handmade, Life a Work In Progress, me-made wardrobe, Sewing | 4 Comments